Scrap the Boys-January 2019

I decided to join in on the Scrap the Boys challenge this month. I haven't played with them before, but with two grandsons I have plenty of boy pictures. This month they are having a Summer challenge and I love bright Summer pictures.
I had a cute picture of Ben on his Slip and Slide that really shows the fun of Summer so I came up with this layout. 
I was happy to use some old papers and embellishments because I am trying to mix old and new. Honestly there isn't anything new in this layout, but it's ok. Using up is using up.

I added the water splashes because the background looked a little plain. I struggle with solid backgrounds which is why I normally use patterned papers.

I used this flower stencil because the petals looked like water drops to me. The gel medium dries glossy and clear so it really looks like water on the page.

Thanks for looking!


Comments

sue said…
So glad you joined our challenge at STB! Your layout is awesome! I also love this blog to scrap my grandson as my other 5 grandchildren are all girls! Hope to see you again next month :)
Jen Cro said…
I plan to play along again, thanks!
Love those water splashes and all the embellishments! Thanks for joining us at Scrap The Boys!
Helen Wallace said…
Clever you, to use some of your older stash and make it look new with the addition of the water drops. Thanks for playing along at STB.
What a super fun page! Thanks for playing along with STB this month!

Popular posts from this blog

Counterfeit Kit May Blog Hop

June Counterfeit Kit

Counterfeit Kit Blog Hop/ Bird is the Word-Wish