Followers

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Oh no, Ben was scrapbooking...

I used this sketch from Sassy 'Lil Sketches to make this layout. The layout was made with my counterfeit kit. I actually made the layout twice thanks to my grandson, Ben. I liked the sketch but I changed it a little. The original sketch had a banner across the top. I used a journal block instead. I also used two vertical photos instead of horizontal and I added the flower cluster at the top instead of the bottom. They were small changes, but I like how they worked out on my page.
 This was what my layout looked like when I started it. I wasn't happy with the rub-ons above the photos so I walked away and decided to think about what I wanted to do.  Later I heard Fred say that Ben ruined my scrapbook page. I didn't think I had any more of the BG paper that was my background, but I am happy to say that I had another sheet. I took everything apart and started over. I am happier with the new layout than I was with the original.
 This is a close up of where Ben helped me. I guess he was trying to journal. I am going to have to be more careful about keeping my markers up where he can't reach them from now on.
Thanks for looking. I am not sure when you will see another layout from me. We leave for Canada on Sunday and won't be home until the end of the week. I should have a lot of pretty Niagara Falls pictures when I get back. I am ready to start working on my envelope mini of my Pittsburgh weekend with Alexx. That should be done by the end of the month.

9 comments:

S said...

Oh I like your layout - and your changes were great. Of course, you'll keep Ben's "first layout" too, right?

Helen said...

Who can resist pens and pretty paper? Great save - your layout's lovely!

Missy Whidden said...

So pretty! I love the soft colors, and the decorative edges at the bottom are awesome. I'm so glad you joined us at Sassy this week!

Margie said...

I love the layered borders, very pretty!

JulieJ said...

My DD did something similar on one of my LOs while I was thinking about where to put things. She used a roller stamp across the area of PP I was saving to journal over. Luckily I had some rub ons which covered the marks so I was able to rescue it.
Those pinks and greens work well together.

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Glad you could recreate and be even happier in the end. Niagra is one of my fav places, have a great trip!

Pias Doodling said...

You made a terrific job with the sketch twice! Thanks for playing with us at sassylilsketches.com! /Pia

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

so pretty, love the colors and layers. thanks for playing with sassy lil' sketches.

Tara O said...

I love your finished LO! turned out awesome!