Counterfeit Kit Sports Add-On Kit and Layout

This month when I made my Counterfeit Kit I also made a sports add on kit. Here is my sports kit. I had a lot of shades of green and some white and off white. The pennants, patch and stickers have been in my stash for years. It is about time I get to using them.
I found this great sketch on the Sketch Support website. They have a lot of free sketches that make it easy to use a lot of photos on your layout. For a sports layout I knew I was going to have a lot of pictures. This sketch just jumped out at me.
I didn't actually use the sketch exactly as shown, but I stuck pretty closely to what they did. I had a few more vertical pictures, so I adjusted my layout to fit my pictures. Here is my finished layout.
The layout is about my nephew, so the grey squares are covering the journaling to protect any personal information. The coloring on the second page is off, but I couldn't get it right no matter how many pictures I took. I changed the color of the pennant and patch because the yellows were so bright. I used a tan ink to dull the colors. I put stickers on the journal tags instead of ribbon. I love the way all of the greens look together. They all tie together in the woven stripe print. This sketch let me put seven photos on my layout. I could have easily added more without changing much.

If you make an add on kit I would love to see it. Don't forget to go to the Counterfeit Kit blog to find out how to win a prize from this months sponsor, Scraptastic Club. This post tells you what you need to do to be entered to win. Good luck.

Comments

Angela Toucan said…
lovely sports add-on and layout. You're inspiring me ....
Susanne said…
I like the circular elements you used on these pages - really ties into the sports.
Jimjams said…
That sketch is brilliant Jen - I really like it. Your interpretation using your lovely kit is brilliant too!
Lisa said…
I have to say that I don't have any need to do a sports layout but the sketch would be perfect for any multiphoto subject. You did a great job with your soccer photos and the layout turned out fab! well done for using up some really old product - it always feels so good doesn't it?

Popular posts from this blog

Counterfeit Kit May Blog Hop

June Counterfeit Kit

Counterfeit Kit Blog Hop/ Bird is the Word-Wish