Moving On

Today is a happy/sad day for our family. Our older daughter moved to VA. We knew she was leaving, she has been planning to go for the last two months, but I still wasn't ready. She is not even to her new home yet and I miss her. I think it is because this isn't just a regular weekend away. This could be forever. The real deal. And I really hope for her that it is.

The good news is that I am not going to be missing her for long. Tomorrow I will be going to VA to bring her a van load of stuff. She has two dogs so there wasn't enough room in the truck to bring everything. I am excited that I will get a chance to see her new house and make sure she is settled.

It seems so funny to me that I am worried about her living away from us. She is almost 21, plenty old enough to live away from Mommy and Daddy. When I was her age I had been married for over three years and had two children. Why am I so worried.?. She can handle this.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think it's natural to worry a little and miss them. Even if we're happy for them, there's still a tug in our hearts, isn't there? :)

Popular posts from this blog

Counterfeit Kit May Blog Hop

June Counterfeit Kit

Counterfeit Kit Blog Hop/ Bird is the Word-Wish