Cassie's last First Day of School


Scrapbook inspiration for today:
It doesn't matter where you go in life, it's who you have beside you that makes it worthwhile.

A sad and a happy day for me today. This is my younger daughters last first day of school. She is a senior and I will never again be rushing out to take the first day of school pictures or ask the questions about her new teachers or which of her friends are in her classes. I have always enjoyed the picture taking on the first day of school. I get the pictures of them and then a picture with their backpack or school bag. It is tradition. It is just sad that both of the girls have grown up...
On a happy note, Benjamin and I had a good morning. Cassie is in school for such a short day that this may work out well for us. A few fun hours and then I get an afternoon break before we have a few hours together again at night.
And a happy note from Fred, he found another silver ring today with his metal detector. That makes about ten. Yup, he is a happy man today. This summer has been good for him.

Comments

Pam said…
Your blog looks lovely! I've had mine up and running since the first of the year, and I'm still trying to figure it out. I blogged about my son's first day of school as a freshman in high school. I'm a little freaked out. I can't imagine what it will be like when he is a senior. Thanks for sharing!
Amy said…
Your blog looks great! The summery colors are so pretty! Blogs are so fun to visit!!
Thanks for sharing!
Jen Cro said…
Thank you both. I think I will want to scrapbook more now that I have the blog because I will want to post my layouts and pictures.

Popular posts from this blog

Counterfeit Kit May Blog Hop

Counterfeit Kit Blog Hop/ Bird is the Word-Wish

CKC National Scrapbook Day Blog Hop